Monday, August 13, 2012

Paint What You're Feelin- brrrrr!

This painting was done during an ice storm we had in Louisville a few years back.  I wanted to convey cold and the weird way the landscape changes so drastically and quickly. We lost power for a week, so I took the opportunity to paint by the fireplace.   I did an underpainting in lavender and stuck to a limited palette of cool tones, except for the golden tones on the center cow- to pull your eye into the painting.  Too bad I can't take credit for the highlighting above the cow's head.  Yes, it's a flashback that didn't show up until I uploaded the painting.  I'm diggin it, though!
Back to the cows. I noticed that the cows were all scrunching together like they couldn't get a handle on the weather, either.  Doesn't the center cow look a little like Homer Simpson?

No comments:

Post a Comment